Please save the date of March 17th, 2018 at 9:30 to 11:30 for an ISCSW sponsored training event. The presenter will be Lori Watsen, LCSW. 2 CEU's will be given for attendees. The training is The Ethics of Social Justice.
- How does social justice inform and influence our practice as social workers?
- What does it mean to ethically hold up the values and standards of social justice in our daily work with clients?
- How do we enact and advance social justice in micro practice and in work with individuals and families?
This interactive workshop will provide participants the opportunity to explore these questions. Participants will be introduced to Social Work Advocacy and Liberation Health practice models which are both firmly grounded in a social justice framework.
- When: Saturday, March 17, 2018 Time: Training Workshop, 9:30 – 11:30 am; ISCSW Member Meeting 11:30 am
- Where: Boise State University, Interactive Learning Center (ILC), Room 202.For a Map CLICK HERE
- Parking: Brady Garage is closest to the ILC (there is a charge for parking on campus)
- Cost: Free to members and $50 at the door to others (any master’s level mental health professional is welcome)
This Training is being offered in conjunction with Boise State University, School of Social Work.